"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.Sorry for the late post today, guys! I was so excited and ended up D-E-A-D yesterday because it seemed like the entire kpop industry agreed to drop a teaser or a music video or a stage performance all at once. That sounds lame but you have no idea how it gets when you stan so many bands and fangirl with so much emotion haha.
Anyways, this week's topic is easy because I'm always bad at completing series :| It's an ancient curse that I have been burdened with since before I was born. Only a few Chosen Ones have been seen through until the very end like the Percy Jackson series and Harry Potter. But here are the series that continue to face the trials and tribulations of being started by a multifandom reader ~
1. The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan - Ah, yes, I love The Heroes of Olympus series! The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades and um..... [looks at smudged writing on hand] The Boo of Odysseus? Haha but seriously, I started it in October 2014 and it's so slooooowww and long that I still haven't finished it.
2. Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephanie Perkins - I don't know why I can't bring myself to continue? I loved Anna so much, I have this fear at the back of mind that the other 2 can't compare.
3. Penryn & the End of Days series by Susan Ee - I don't like how center stage the romance is in the last book but I'm still gonna pull through and finish this series. But I can safely say that the first book was the only one that really struck me with how amazing it was.
4. Delirium series by Lauren Oliver - I was spoiled about the ending and it was SO disappointing but I can't say I'll never finish this series because I still want to find out how it ends like that but.....still: WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END LIKE THAT?
5. Luxe series by Anna Godbersen - As dramatic as the plot can be, the first book was very enjoyable and full of an "entertaining" kind of angst. I haven't been in the mood for historical romances lately but when I am, this will be the first series I'll continue.
Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness - I loved the heck out of the first book and I own the other 2 books but there so huge and my attention span only seems to be growing smaller #PrayForJu
8. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor - The first book has such beautiful, lyrical writing but it's so hard for me to focus and get a good grasp of the plot when I'm too busy admiring the words! I think this is what we call "purple prose" except I'm not annoyed with it.
9. The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken - I liked the first book but I wasn't that impressed or blown away. The thing is, everyone keeps telling me that it gets better (y'know like the Throne of Glass series all over again). I don't feel like continuing but if you guys agree that it gets tons better then please let me know!
10. Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin - I wasn't a fan of the first book because the characters were so cliche and Noah was too perfect to be taken seriously (except that he was also a jerk) BUT the thriller and mystery aspects made me curious about what happens to Mara in the end. I know a lot of people didn't like the conclusion but I'm too curious and it might just kill me one day.
SO, that's all the completed series that I need to complete as soon as I can. Tell me if you liked a particular series and think I should read it first! Or if you think I shouldn't bother with a series, then speak your mind about that too. Don't forget to link to your own TTT :")