Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR


"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I've been gone for over 2 weeks, I know, I'm so sorry for the sporadic blogging! I've been very ill lately and only recently got better. I had to go through a couple of intravenous therapies and stay on a strict diet of juices & fruits only so I didn't have the energy to do much of anything :/ 

But still I have a whole bunch of Fall reads I want to get to and I know some of these aren't brand new releases or anything but I still really want to read them!


1. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - A really unique concept that I still don't understand from people's reviews to be honest. I feel like I'm going in blindly but out of pure intrigue.


2. Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas - No surprise to anyone! I just finished Heir of Fire and I can't say it was my favorite but I love that everything got so much more complicated. Was the first book really just about Celaena prancing about in a castle? It feels so far away. Look forward to a dual mini-review of Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire by the way!


3. Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo - I couldn't find a physical copy in my local bookstores but I still bought the ebook because everyone is loving the characters in this book and I live for good character development!


4. Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine - The concept sounds mind-blowing and it's garnered mostly positive reviews for the world-building!


5. Saga, Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples - I adore this series so much! I've never kept up with graphic novels before but this series is so whacky and fun that you just have to.


6. Long Way Down (Calloway Sisters #4) by Krista Ritchie, Becca Ritchie - When on earth will this book come out? I have a feeling it will be this fall but who knows?? I NEED IT. I miss the Addicted gang so much but I also can't believe this is the last time we'll see them...


7. Under the Lights (Daylight Falls #2) by Dahlia Adler - I've never read a F/F book so I'm looking forward to exploring this but I also chose this one specifically because I like the showbiz concept...I'm still not sure if it can be read as a standalone though so let me know about that in the comments. Oh yeah and Dahlia Adler has an easy-to-read style that just gets you into the story before you know it.


8. Cracked (Soul Eaters #1) by Eliza Crewe - I've read a few pages already and it sounded so hilarious but surprisingly gory too...it reminds me of an anime, Soul Eater, because they both give off Halloween vibes.

9. Welcome to the Underworld (Welcome to the Underworld #1) by Con Template - A dark adult-ish book about the Korean underground...I guess fall gets me in the mood for dark books ha.


10. The Alex Crow by Andrew Smith - Honestly, I have no clue what goes on in Andrew Smith's mind but it's always entertaining in its own weird way.

Those are the reads that I want to get to as soon as possible this Fall. I have a whole bunch of other unfinished books but none of them are holding my attention so maybe these will? Tell me if you've read any of them or plan to! And don't forget to link to your TTT too.

23 comments:

  1. Queen of Shadow is really really good! I happened to adore Heir of Fire and I'm not sure if I love QoS more or not. But one thing's for sure, I agree, Celaena in the castle in Book One seems like sooo far away.
    I wanted to add Six of Crows to my tbr list so bad just to be like the cool kids lol. But I haven't read the Grisha trilogy so I put that on instead. I didn't put Saga on my list and I have no idea why because I want to get back into it.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a lot of people adored HoF but I felt like it was really unnecessary long and I fear QoS would be the same because these books only seem to be growing bigger D: Haha definitely read the Grisha trilogy first, it sets up the world so well!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Station Eleven. It was different. I also would like to read Under the Lights - Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Station Eleven does sound very different :D

      Delete
  3. Six of Crows is fantastic, I hope you enjoy! Ink and Bone has been on my TBR forever, but I just haven't been able to fit it in to my reading schedule. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, Ink and Bone was released a while ago wasn't it? But I can't seem to find time for it so I hope putting it on this list will motivate me somehow haha thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Ink and Bone is one I would like to read as well. I liked her Morganville Vampires series so I think I'll like this one. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know the author wrote the Morganville Vampires series too! I guess the characters will be great already then, that's something to look forward too :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling well! Being sick drains you of all motivation, doesn't it? I still need to read Queen of Shadows, too and am so excited but also very nervous? A lot of people loved it, but a lot of people also hated it. We'll see. Loved this, Ju! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been unmotivated to do anything! It takes me hours to get out of bed haha I'm that exhausted. I'm nervous too because a lot of the reasons why people hated Queen of Shadows makes sense to me :|

      Delete
  6. Six of Crows is on my TTT this week too! I was kind of surprised when I realised it was coming out next week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm surprised too because it seems like everyone's already read the ARC haha

      Delete
  7. I still haven't read a Kristie & Becca Ritchie book! I tried reading Addicted to You but I couldn't get into it, lol. The rest of the books here look great! Happy Reading, Ju! :D

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMYYGOOOD BLESSIE'S YOU'LL LOVE THESE BOOKS! THEY'RE NA AND TACKLE SERIOUS ISSUES WHILE STILL HAVING THE BEST FRIENDSHIPS AND HUMOR :D you must read!!

      Delete
  8. Station Eleven is on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a widely loved book with a really experimental idea :D

      Delete
  9. I'm loving the sound of ALL of these books girl! Even the graphic novel one even though usually that's not my type of thang, I didn't even mind!♡♡ I hope you're feeling a lot better girl! Being sick is no fun. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graphic novels aren't usually my thing either but the Saga series is a hoot :D I'm slowly regaining strength, I hope I recover faster heh

      Delete
  10. Station Eleven is wonderful!! I also really want to read Six of Crows, Ink and Bone, and Saga!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I hope I read at least 2 of these before the month is over :)

      Delete
  11. I am sure you'll love Six of Crows! I am currently reading it and it's amazing! And the characters' are the best part! They're glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so great to hear ahhh I love character development :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. :O I'm so excited for the next Saga book, too! I know it's coming pretty soon for me at the library, and I cannot wait, at all. I also really liked Six of Crows, so I hope you like it too!

    ReplyDelete