Tuesday, 25 August 2015

I'm Finally Back?!



Dun, dun...dun? I'm finally back after 1 month and a half. Yeah, my vacation extended for way too long and I feel so weird looking at the huge screen of my laptop after ages without it! I think I completely forgot how to use blogger, everything is so uncertain and I'm just staring at the keyboard like "what do...I....do?" 0_0 


For those of you who are stumbling by just now, I was gone on a hiatus for over a month because I was traveling to the homeland. Things were not as ancient as the last time I was there and I actually found running WiFi but it was extremely slow so I spent most of my little online time on Twitter to keep in touch.

That's not to say that I had any time to surf the internet because I definitely didn't. I was constantly attending dinner parties and weddings and family reunions and so many other events! It was a hectic time and I barely got the chance to squeeze in some reading, yet alone the internet, but I had so much fun ~

I don't think I've ever been so social in my entire life. It's kind of strange too since I actually struggled to speak my mother tongue with my cousins this time around. I got so used to speaking English at school, with my friends and at home that I forgot every other language I know pfft haha. But there are some things that you can share through any language ~



Oh yeah, there's also some bad news (or horrifying to me at least): when I came back home I tried booting my laptop open but it suddenly froze on some random utility screen. I tried to restart again and it still froze at the startup. This happened over and over, it was some kind of Windows loop error and it turned out I had a faulty hard drive and had to get it replaced aka my EVERYTHING WOULD BE DELETED.


I wasn't prepared for that at all and so now, all my blog graphics are gone, my NetGalley books are gone (I read them on PC because it's just easier) and my Photoshop application is gone and EVERYTHING is just gone. R.I.P my computer.


Luckily, my laptop is fixed and I saved all my important documents on a USB but I had to restart everything and I'll probably have trouble posting for this week until I get things in order.

I just want to let you guys know that I'm alive and bewildered and distressed all at once but I'm glad to be back home! 

26 comments:

  1. Your photos are absolutely beautiful! I need to visit your part of the world one day :) Welcome back and *shakes fist at the computer for you*!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Aentee! Thanks for the welcome hehe x

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a great tip! I love the pictures, and I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Awww sorry about your laptop :0

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun for sure! Luckily I got my laptop fixed up at last, thank goodness it wasn't beyond saving :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Those pictures look beautiful, I need to visit there some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I feel so welcome haha. There are some really beautiful places that the media seems to forget to show ;)

      Delete
  4. Good to read your posts again! Welcome back :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alliyah! I'm glad to be back :")

      Delete
  5. Wow, it looks like you had a fun time! It sucks about your computer :( but at least it got saved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, always look on the bright side hehe (✿◠‿◠)

      Delete
  6. Welcome back Juwairiya! I never knew that you were a Pakistani! I am a Sri Lankan myself, so we're neighbours, haha. Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Weddings are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm a Pakistani lol hey there neighbor! Weddings are so colorful and bizarre in my homeland haha definitely fun and memorable (〜^∇^)〜

      Delete
  7. Awww well we're glad to have you back girl! Crazy about the laptop though. Gosh that sucks! It looks like you had a blast when you went back home and got to visit all of your family members. ♡♡ nothing like quality time! Also, funny about the whole no WIFI thing. Hehe I'm so dependant on it I feel lost when I don't have it.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keionda! It was such a blast and the quality time was full of quality drama. I should have taken videos xD I'm getting dependent on WiFi too, it's an addiction if I have nothing to do :O

      Delete
  8. Welcome back! Based on photos, it looks like you had great time :)
    Anyway, I am sorry you had such troubles with your laptop. It happened to me once so I know how it sucks to lost all your saved files :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucia! Aw, I hope you've recovered all your files now :( I'll be extra careful and be saving things in USBs from now on too.

      Delete
  9. YAY, you're back! But I cannot believe that happened to your laptop! That is truly traumatizing. I wouldn't know what to do. And did you take those photos yourself? They look extremely professional. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS TRAUMATIZING. I'm gonna be anxiously backing everything up in recovery disks just to be safe now :/ And omg really? Haha I took those photos with my phone and it came out surprisingly good ;D

      Delete
  10. GAH that Sailor Moon image is perfect. Nostalgia :') Sounds like you were really busy but had a good time too :) How crazy that would happen to your laptop, technology can be the worst sometimes :c Anyways, welcome back! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sailor Moon reactions are my fave, I have a brand new folder of necessary Sailor Moon reactions haha. I do feel jealous of the future generations getting virtual reality and all sorts of tech while we have windows 8 and iphone errors :c

      Delete
  11. It sounds like you had a great time with your family and enjoyed yourself a lot. The photos all look so gorgeous and colorful. I feel for you about the laptop, the end of last year my tablet decided to die and I lost so many Netgalley books. :( Ugh technology can break your heart into a thousand pieces :D
    Glad to have you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, my homeland really is the most colorful place *___* Aw I feel sorry for you, I hope your tablet doesn't decide to die again!
      Thank you for welcoming back :")

      Delete
  12. You're back! YAY! I was so happy to realise when I saw you on my blog the oher day. Welcome back and I'm thrilled to hear you had a really splendid time away! Your photography is GORGEOUS. utterly divine. Are you on Instagram? I'd love to follow that element of your creativity, too!

    Oh no! Harddrives and backups are so scary for me. WHAT IF IT DOESN'T WORK?! WHAT IF I LOOSE ALL MY WORK!? It's horrifying. I'm sorry you had to go through an element of that, even though you'd mostly backed up the important things. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW ROMI THIS IS SO SWEET I'M BLUSHING (●´ω`●)

      I do have a bookstagram on @fictionalskylines! It's the one I spend most of my time on heh.

      I'm going to forever be backing up important things from now on ;____;

      Delete
  13. Eeep! So glad you're back, I'm probably going to binge-read all you new posts, haha. Sounds like you had a fun (if jam-packed) vacation! But your poor laptop, nooooo!! What a nightmare! Backing things up somewhere besides my laptop is not something I do much, at least you had your USB! Hope you're able to get back some of the stuff you lost soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek, I replied to this 10 years later D: I sure am going to binge-read your posts Lina! Luckily my laptop is back in order and this time I'm saving things in USB's to be extra careful.

      Delete