Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: 8 Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015


"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
2015 has already been a year of so much diversity and there is even more greatness to come so I'll tell you my most anticipated upcoming releases that I'm already clearing space up for on my shelves. I couldn't come up with 10 off the top of my head so there's only 8~


1. Six of Crows (The Dregs #1) by Leigh Bardugo - Released on September 29th 2015 and I'M STILL CROSSING MY FINGERS THAT NIKOLAI WILL SOMEHOW SHOW UP. Also, just look at that cover *_* All of Leigh Bardugo's books have perfect covers.

2. Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer - Released on November 10th 2015 and that's so far away but this book is supposed to be 800+ pages so I guess it's warranted.

3. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - Released on October 6th 2015 and this is Drarry fanfiction and nobody can convince me otherwise.

4. The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu - Released on October 13th 2015 and although I wasn't that impressed with the first book, the epilogue gave me so much hype!

5. The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent - Released today on June 9th 2015 so go get yourself a copy because even though the blurb sounds cheesily like a lot of other books, a lot of bloggers are impressed by the worldbuilding of this story!


6. A Book of Spirits and Thieves (Spirits and Thieves #1) by Morgan Rhodes - Released on June 23rd 2015 and I really want to read this because of the urban fantasy taking place in TORONTO. Not New York or Chicago or [insert any American city ever] but TORONTO, CANADA aka where I spent most of my childhood in.

7. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness - Released on August 27th 2015 and this book is going to mind-blowing, I just know it.

8. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera - Released on June 2nd 2015 so this is cheating but for some reason my local bookstore still doesn't have this book that everyone hails as phenomenal.

That's all I have and it's surprisingly few. I guess I'm just not as aware of any other releases as much so please let me know of any other books you're excited for that's not on here!

Also, October is going to be a crazy release month and I've always wondered why publishers do this, releasing so many books near to each other, because wouldn't people be too preoccupied to get yet another new release? Instead, if it was released in an obscure spaced away time like "The Rest of Us Just Live Here" in  August, then wouldn't it better for the book's popularity? Yeah, I clearly don't understand much about publishing/marketing strategies ha.

12 comments:

  1. Winter is going to be nuts! I can't believe the series is finally coming to an end. That's probably the biggest one I'm waiting to get my hands on! Cannot wait :)


    Andrea @ Bookish Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAme here *_* Can't wait to meet Princess Winter, she reminds me so much of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, only 10 times more murderous!

      Delete
  2. Six of Crows I can't wait to read :D I still need to pick up a Patrick Ness book *embarrassed face*! I hope you enjoy all of these :-) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out! :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick Ness is a really creative mind and he writes so freaking fast haha there's always an amazing book every other year from him!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely excited for Six of Crows, and I'm also hoping for Nikolai to show up as well! He's just so awesome. ^_^

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I know Leigh Bardugo hinted that she might write a separate series for Nikolai but I need him fast and Six of Crows is the only closest option ;__;

      Delete
  4. Only 8??? WHAT. Just kidding. Also I recently read More Happy Than Not, and I assure you it will not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'M SO EXCITED FOR THAT BOOK! I decided to order it because I don't think my local bookstore will be getting it any time soon ahh it sounds so uniquely painful

      Delete
  5. Yay for Winter and Carry On! I'm sad that I left out The Rose Society on my list since I loved The Young Elites, but there were just so many other releases I was excited for xD
    One thing I have also never understood about publishing is why books always come out on Tuesday? I tried Googling it, but I didn't really understand any of the sparse articles about it, haha.
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier! I love your blog, it's adorable ^_^

    - Connie @ The YA Book Thief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, is that so? I didn't know about the Tuesday thing but you're right, it makes more sense to have it released on a weekend like Saturday!

      And thanks for visiting! :3

      Delete
  6. WINTER AND QUEEN OF SHADOWS. The wait for these books has been excruciating! 800 pages, definitely sounds like it's worth the wait. Woah, I can't believe the 2nd book for The Young Elites isn't far off, I haven't read the first one yet. I'm looking forward to the Six of Crows too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so behind in the ToG series so I'm actually glad Queen of Shadows comes out kinda late *hides face* First Young Elites book is pretty great, just could have been better if it was more tightly plotted but i have a feeling that'll all be solved in book 2!

      Delete