"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.Well, this was a hard one because I'm the slowest reader in the world these days (or I have way too many distractions) and I've only read 29 books this year. Just. 29. And my Goodreads goal is 80, wOAH, okay, I need to step up the pace a LOT. I still ended up liking most of the books I read this year, so that's always a plus, but off the top of my head I wonder if I can even come up with many favorites...
1. Fuel the Fire (Calloway Sisters #3) by Krista and Becca Ritchie (★ ★ ★ ★ ★) - Easily the book that resonated with me the most. I had tears everywhere but watching my OTP overcome it all was worth it.
2. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz (★ ★ ★ ★ ★) - The most beautiful thing I've ever read. I felt all the feelings while reading this book because I connected to the characters so much, even if it took me a while to get there.
3. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer (★ ★ ★ ★ ★) - The best Lunar Chronicles novel to date, and yes, I absolutely adored Thorne and reminder that IKO GETS HOT.
4. Saga, Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (★ ★ ★ ★ ★) - I love everything about this whole series so this shouldn't be a surprise. This volume was full of everyone's OTP getting torn apart but I have hope that something will happen to save everyone?? It has to¿¿
5. Trouble by Non Pratt (★ ★ ★ ★ ✩) - I ended up liking this more than most people because it was so honest and raw and disturbing. But that ending was so abrupt, it was one of those endings where you turn the last page and go all, "wait...what, no, wHAT".
6. Never Never (Never Never #1) by Colleen Hoover (★ ★ ★ ★ ✩) - What a mysterious, thrilling novella this was. The beginning was kind of slow but then it beat all my expectations out of the water.
7. Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase (★ ★ ★ ★ ✩) - I did not expect to like this as much as I did, especially when Drew was being such a misogynistic dick, but he acknowledges he's an asshole?? And somehow watching him fail at love was hilarious?? I don't even know but it was so entertaining.
8. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (★ ★ ★ ★ ✩) - Cute and such easy writing to get into, this is the #1 emergency reading slump medication.
9. Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince #1) by C.S. Pacat (★ ★ ★ ★ ✩) - The world and the cultures were so disturbing and gross but I couldn't stop wondering how it all came to be and the 2 main characters are intense. They hate each other but when shit hits the fan, they always end up being each other's only allies. The secondary characters were also so freaking devious, I could not trust anyone. Still very graphic and adult though so watch out.
10. A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas (★ ★ ★ ✩ ✩) - I still regret giving this 3 stars because the exciting buzz of the ending still hasn't worn off. Basically, 3 stars is the absolute worse as it could possibly ever get because I enjoyed this a lot after the slow moments were gone.
Huh, I actually came up with 10. That's surprising because I tend to reluctantly call books my favorites but this was a good year so far. Recognize any books up there? And how has 2015 been for you? Don't forget to leave links to your Top Ten Tuesday too!