Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read


"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Most books I want to devour as soon as possible but then there are some books that I wouldn't touch with a 10-feet pole, not even if the world was crashing around me and these were the last books on Earth. It's not that it's unlikely for me to read them. It's that I'll actually try to make a conscious effort to avoid these books as much as possible:


1. Fifty Shades Freed by E. L. James: I made the mistake of reading Fifty Shades of Grey and then attempting (and failing) to read Fifty Shades Darker but I definitely won't be touching this last one. From what I hear, this is where the serious abuse happens aka where you cannot at all deny that abuse did not happen. I don't want to read about a highly problematic relationship being portrayed as the ultimate happiness.

2. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto: Mary Sue protagonist and her asshat twu luv plus the writing is not loved by anyone so even though that cover is beautiful, I'll pass.

3. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard: Unnecessarily long series full of way too much girl-on-girl hatred (that may or may not be stopped later but I'm not taking the chance).

4. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith: The show frustrated me to no end and from what I know, the books frustrate even more.

5. Crossed by Allie Condie: The first book Matched was so excruciatingly bland and I was not interested in anyone or anything. It brought nothing new to the YA dystopian genre but it did have beautiful writing.  



6. After by Anna Todd: This is One Direction fanfiction but that's not what turned me away. It was the snippets of horrible writing and a horrible male lead that made me run far, far away.

7. Unhinged by A.G. Howard: Yet another asshat twu luv is found in Jeb, who was so suffocatingly controlling in the first book that I pitied Alyssa and her bad decisions.

8. Allegiant by Veronica Roth: Divergent was okay, Insurgent was boring and from what I hear, Allegiant is a mess. Veronica Roth had a great idea but I think she didn't develop it until after the first book because everything fell flat.

9. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: A lot of people hated this one so I have no idea why they are turning this particular book of Hoover's into a movie. Bad decisions, people.

10. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl: I tried reading this before and died of boredom. It didn't help that Ethan was so whiny and Lena was a walking cliche.

If you liked one of these books a lot, then do please tell me why and I might change my mind, who knows (✿◠‿◠)

10 comments:

  1. Fifty Shades of Grey is on my will never ever ever read this list. I put the Matched trilogy on my list this week too. I have yet to read Allegiant, but I will for completeness sake. I love Pretty Little Liars TV show but I doubt I'll read the books.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get your need to complete a series, that's why I had to finish the Mortal Instruments even though it was becoming a trainwreck! And I've tried watching the Pretty Little Liars show but it got repetitive so I dropped it eep

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I'm not really interested in any of these either! Not bothering with Halo is a very good idea. Man, that book was a train wreck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank goodness! Halo sounded like a badly written Twilight with angels instead of vampires :/

      Delete
  3. Nooooo. I loved Ugly Love so much, I actually cried when I read it. You should give it a shot, it's kinda dramatic but I enjoyed it. I bought Halo in hardcover ages ago and I never read it, and I don't even know why I did and I don't even want to touch it anymore, lol. The rest of the books on this list just gotta go and disapper, I have no interest in reading them either. Haha! (Except for Ugly Love, my lovey doves)

    Anyway, welcome to the blogosphere Ju! Love the blog!

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blessie!

      To be honest, Ugly Love is the only book on this list that I'm not so sure of! Its Goodreads rating is extremely high but it has mixed reviews so I'm torn! Maybe if the movie is well-loved, I'll read the book before heading to the cinema ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely not reading Beautiful Creatures. It's just one of those PR books that I try to stay away from because I just know it's all a romance story. :/ I may read Fifty Shades sporadically just for curiousity alone.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curiosity is why I read Fifty Shades but this is where that phrase "curiosity killed the cat" can be applied to books lol

      Delete
  5. Yep, Allegiant was a hot mess. I think it's the only book I've given one star in two years. I'd never even bother with Fifty Shades.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about most of these books, after Insurgent I didn't want to pick up the next books at all. Ugly love was still really good though, I actually loved it. It does have it's flaws, but it's still an amazing book. Great post <3 Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete