"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This is my first Top Ten Tuesday but it's something I've been wanting to do for ages
- Kenji Kishimoto // Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: Argh I feel so cruel already but you need a guy like Kenji at all times. He can keep a cool head even if there are bombs exploding all around him or even if he's separated from the rest of his teammates. Plus, he really knows how to break the tension with his no-holding-back humor.
- Penryn Young // Angelfall by Susan Ee: Dang, this girl is resourceful! It helps that she's already been through an apocalypse herself but looking after a disabled sister and a somewhat insane mother as she navigates gang-ridden streets? Truly, Penryn-dono has mastered the art of survival.
- Linh Cinder // Cinder by Marissa Meyer: This one's kinda obvious because no shit, you need a skilled mechanic in an apocalypse but the thing is, Cinder is also the "mom" figure of her crew what with her being practical but empathetic towards all her "children". She is their go-to person in the darkest moments and although that pressure is hard for her to carry, she still crack her knuckles and does it like a
- Daenerys Targaryen // A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: Well, we need her and her dragons because if there's one thing Jon Snow has ever known, it's that fire burns zombies and who else is the most fiery being in the entire fictional world?
- Magnus Bane // City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: Okay, so it sucks that Magnus already has to be a lackey for "Team Good" but he does it in style, man, and when everything in life becomes nothing but bone and gore, a little sparkly shine would be majorly uplifting.
- Edilio Escobar // Gone by Michael Grant: I have an infinite amount of respect for Edilio Escobar. He's the kind of guy who will bury the fallen if he has the time but he's not so idealistic that he won't pick up a gun and shoot when he needs to. Honestly, Edilio will never get enough of the respect that he deserves.
- Annabeth Chase // The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan: Strategist #1, who can escape the clutches of her biggest fears despite having a broken leg and no one to help. Also, there was that time when she escaped the very pits of hell so yeah, Annabeth is a no-brainer.
- Levi // Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama: Although him being a neat-freak might be problematic, Levi treats his fellow humans as his first priority and isn't afraid to touch a bleeding soldier to comfort them in their last moments. That kinda thing, beating your own OCD to comfort someone, is a very important thing to have when shit hits the fan. Plus, Levi isn't called a "one-man army" for nothing.
- Connor Cobalt // Addicted To You by Krista & Becca Ritchie: He hails from a genre that is the complete opposite of a zombie apocalypse but I don't doubt for a second that Connor can survive just as well as anyone else. Heck, he would probably survive longer just to prove that he can because he's addicted to challenges. Or more like, he's addicted to winning.
- L // Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba: Strategist #2 because even though he's ultimately on the side of justice, he isn't afraid to dabble in deceiving ways to reach his final goal. That can be great but it can also be scary whether you're on his team or not. But, hey at the end of the day, it's all about survival, right?
That's the end of my weird list but I'm really looking forward to doing more of these Top Ten Tuesdays because I'm such a listomaniac ~ Who do you guys think make the best zombie apocalypse teammates?